Chasing a Dream

Funny how life sends you signs.

I was just wasting time this morning on Facebook and came across a friend's post about what the date you were born on means about what career path is right for you.

Hers was so scarily dead-on that I couldn't help but try it on myself.

Mine, too, was dead on.

Funny how it said nothing about what I currently (dread) do.

Not that I am shocked much. I know I am not suited for the job I currently hold. My problem is that the need to keep a roof over my head has been greater than the pursuit of my dreams.

I decided late last year that enough was enough.

Maybe it was due in part to the posts of my friend's who has a site/business called Rockin' Lifestyle.
Life is too short; we all know this deep inside. After the deaths of two beautiful women that I got to know I have done a lot of re-evaluating.

Dena had goals and dreams that unfortunately were cut down when she died after a brief illness. It took me a long time to come to grips with the fact that she was gone. I still cannot believe it. We shared so much and I really believed that she would see her dreams through. It didn't happen.

Alaina was someone who was only in my life for a brief period but she made quite an impact on my life. She fought til the day she died to be a mother to her children all the time knowing that cancer would eventually rob her of seeing her children grow up. She lived her life with dignity and showed me what true strength is.

I am just fed up with the status quo. It doesn't work for me and if something doesn't work you need to change it.

I know who I am and what I must do to survive. Now I have to make it happen.

Over the holidays I saw some people who asked me if I was working as a writer. It made me sad to say no.

I took my current position out of desperation. I was led to believe that after 90 days I would be compensated for effort but in fact that was a lie. My job duties include doing things that I am not suited for and again, I was not told it was something I would have to do.

Enough of focusing on what doesn't work for me, now is the time for me to make things happen.

I believe I will find what I am looking for now that I can "see" what that is.

Isn't that what having a dream is all about anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment