Fighting the Fight

I wake up every day with a sense of gratitude. It isn't easy to keep that thought as my day goes on, but I am determined to keep on.

As I've said so many times and continue to say- GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION!

Don't get me wrong. It isn't easy to carry on when often it feels like my efforts are fruitless.

I have been at my job now for a month and on pay day I literally cannot help but cry. I took the only job I was offered and truth be told, I was only offered this job because I relentlessly pushed to get it.

I knew going in that accepting the wage offered would be tough but in my mind it would be tougher to continue without a paycheck.

I cannot pay my bills. I cannot pay my rent and I have been surviving on one meal a day. (and by "meal" I often mean a bowl of soup)

I am adjusting.

I am barely holding on at times.

But through it all I am determined that I will get past this and "things" will get better.

I don't know how. I don't know when. It will happen though.

It has to.

So I continue to fight my way through this life. I look for another job to supplement the one I have. I push to try and sell things on eBay and in my Etsy store. Believe it or not, a $10 sale means we get to eat.

No one I work with knows the struggle I am living. I'm sure few people would understand.

This blog is supposed to inspire and encourage. I hope I am doing that in some small way.

No matter what your troubles are, there is always someone who is fighting a tougher battle. And again I will say- Giving up is just not an option. The fight may be personal but we are all fighting some battle.

I am grateful to have the little I do and I long for the day when I can pay back those who have helped me. I want to be that person who is there for others. I am tired of not being able to take care of myself. I am not afraid to work hard. I am afraid of not getting the opportunity.

If you feel so inclined to help me, check out my listings on eBay. That is one way of helping me and getting something to show for it.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment