Help Wanted

I'm beginning to think that the universe is trying to send me a message. Lately I have been ignoring the obvious but today the truth smacked me in the face.

In less than 1 month I would have been at my present job for 1 year. Although I never imagined myself making it a career, I really did expect to be there longer than this.

I was very blessed this time around to have some pretty fantastic people as co-workers. Working long shifts have been more tolerable due to the people I got to work with. I've had a lot of jobs and honestly this has been the first time I can ever say that I enjoyed working with 99% of the crew. Yes, I have been blessed.

Now my job wasn't all rosy; in fact lately it's been hell. Management is clueless and things have been going downhill fast. I didn't completely ignore the signs of trouble ahead but I held onto the hope that things would turn around. It seems that my hope was misplaced and instead, the sabotage continues.

I used to hate my 9 to 5 job, feeling as if I was serving time. I started this job which many times meant working 10+ hour shifts, sometimes 7 days in a row. Somehow it was okay. Yes, lately I was getting burned out from the stress but still, I almost longed to come back for more.

Today I got the rug pulled out from under me and now I am facing the reality that I can no longer work my job anymore. The circumstances are such that physically I just cannot do it. Obtaining the proper medical documentation is not going to make a difference and as much as I don't want to- it is time to move on.

It is with great sadness that I will be leaving a job that I really did enjoy. I've learned so much about veterinary care. I've been a part of a team of really wonderful people and I will miss them dearly. Spending as much time at my job as I have, they have become family to me.

I am going to miss the clients- the four-legged ones that is. There is nothing like the joy of being around cats and dogs every day.

I really have been lucky.

I cannot afford to waste any time and so, the first opportunity that comes my way I have to jump on.

I'm very angry that the corporation I work for has made it impossible for me to keep my job. Big corporations don't care about people and this is not something I am just learning.

It is probably for the best that I get out now because the way things are going it is only going to get worse.

So the universe has closed a door but that is the push I needed to find a new one to open. Now to channel my anger and fear and make something positive happen...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment