With a Little Help From My Friends

Social media can be a huge help to someone who is feeling troubled by the weight of the world. Even if you choose to not reach out to a cyber friend, just reading another person's posts can help lift you out of a dark place or moment.

Sometimes you can even be reminded that although your issue seems earth-shattering to you, there are others who are living a far worse fate.

We all have struggles and for many of us, we keep silent about them. We go through our days with a painted-on smile, trying to make the best out of what we have been dealt.

I am a firm believer that although many things are out of our control, what we can almost always control is how we react to what we have been given.

I am also a firm believer in gratitude. Sometimes when you stop in the midst of your troubles and take note of what good you have, it makes the bad stuff easier to handle.

I'm not saying that I never get to that place where all I feel is despair. I get there and I feel it. Sometimes it does scare me. Sometimes I am afraid that I will not be able to fight it and it will suck me into a depression that I won't return from.

For me it helps to have my family that I feel depends upon me. Feeling needed is often my motivation to succeed even when the odds feel like they are against me.

I always believe and when I doubt myself I look for a little help from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment